Product Familiy Business Analysis And Definition
The creation and evolution of a product family is based on a business analysis.
Such a business analyis is used for the definition of the family: Which products are members of the family, what distribution of features, which performance range?
This article is to be used in the "Family Engineering Handbook", a collective effort of Philips Research employees to consolidate their experiences in family engineering.
||Slides: 2692 downloads
|Paper: 2291 downloads
2.1 June 8, 2010 Gerrit Muller
2.0 April 12, 2006 Gerrit Muller
- replaced lists and tables by figures
1.4 March 2, 2005 Gerrit Muller
- updated figures
- extended JoJo description
1.3 August 5, 2002 Gerrit Muller
1.1 September 21, 2001 Gerrit Muller
1.0 March 31, 2000 Gerrit Muller
- minor spelling improvement
0 March 27, 2000 Gerrit Muller
- added section: Roadmapping, Requirements Capturing, Scope Determination and Finalizing the Definition.
- more consistent terminology in Figure 1, Product Family Reference Architecture
- updated the "Yoyo" figure
- added some examples
- Created, no changelog yet